We all have read a book that has forced us to think about things differently than before we read them. We have a few that we feel have had an impact on our thinking and made some observations from each. We do not claim that this is exhaustive, just our opinion. We would like to share them with you. They are in no particular order of importance.
If you have read a book that you feel created a similar experience or thought process for you, drop us a note via our Contact Us page.
|The Black Swan
||The Black Swan by Nicholas Taleb
1. Unknown-unknowns e.g. Iceland’s volcano & air travel consequences.
2. Seize any opportunity or anything that looks like an opportunity.
3. Don’t look for the precise and the local i.e. narrow mindedness.
|The Drunkard’s Walk
||The Drunkard’s Walk by Leonard Mlodinow
1. Polls, grades and ratings are less reliable than we believe.
2. Understand the true nature of ‘chance’.
3. Make decisions based on in-depth insights into what is meaningful.